Years ago I started making my own master household notebook to plan, organize and manage my household. Being a homeschooling, larger family, we have unique needs in the planning department, so designing my own has been easier than trying to find one that fits us well. It’s been a while since I updated mine, so I took some time to tweak and refine my home binder and today, I’m offering it for purchase via Gumroad for instant download.
FVWoman’s Master Household Notebook
Though I love to plan, I am not the most organized person. At all. And y’all, the bigger my family gets, the harder it has been to keep track of all that running a household entails! There are schedules, and homeschooling, menu planning and chores, medical and dental information, bills, relationships, and holidays, goals and family discipleship… it honestly makes me dizzy sometimes and this is the only way I know how to keep it all together!
I also use the 90-day Goal planning system that helps me reach my goals in a much more manageable way, all of that goes into my household notebook too. To learn more about setting 90-day goals, see THIS POST.
My notebook goes with me to most appointments, I sit down once a week for a planning session to make sure that everything is flowing smoothly with our schedule. I keep mounds of important info in our notebook so that I and many of my family members are able to access needed information easily. If I am sick or unavailable, my husband is able to refer to the notebook for menu plans, chore charts, and account information… it really has become our ‘command central’ for most things that are household and family-related.
I am a pen-to-paper kind of gal and need things in writing in order for them to ‘stick’ in this highly distracted brain of mine.
I need things to be simple too- everything organized and in ONE place with everything streamlined as much as possible. I’ve also been learning how to transfer my plans into a digital calendar so that I can have reminders sent to me on a regular basis, but when it comes to the actual planning and organizing of my household, I need the old-fashioned, write it down approach.
My Master Household Notebook has 50 core pages and then I have ‘add-on’ packs that I have made to help organize the rest of our family life. (The add-on packs will be available here on the website soon!) There are several ways you can make one for yourself:
- A Binder– this is my preferred way to make mine. It’s easy to print out and assemble, switch out pages, and add more as necessary. It’s also sturdy enough to last the whole year- very important in my household!
- Happy Planner style– using the rings and the special hole punch for the Happy Planner, you can easily make your own by laminating the front and back covers. In this size, my notebook would be considered BIG.
- Spiral-Bound– you can purchase a binder machine and spines to bind the pages yourself or take it to an office supply store and have them do it for you. Personally, I don’t like this option because it eliminates being able to be flexible with your pages. However, if you are a planner rockstar and know how you want your notebook in advance and don’t think you’ll change anything, this could give your planner a more professional look.
So- what’s included in the Master Household Notebook download???
- Important Info pages
- calendar and scheduling
- contacts and accounts
- vehicle info
- household projects
- household routines and chores
- medical records, safety, and school records, sizing records
- menu planning and household inventory
- birthdays and Christmas Gifts trackers
- To-Do/To Buy Lists
- Family Scripture Memory Page
- Add-On Packs Coming for finances, health, homeschool and more!